I've always been told by others that I'm creative...
"No I'm not, I work in sales and I'm sporty!"
I never saw myself as a creative person. I can't design a skyscraper, paint a masterpiece or make a stunning graphic in Indesign.
But since moving into the marketing space, I've come to realise that I am creative. I'm creative in the sense of linking things together and coming up with ideas.
Most of the ideas I come up with are rubbish, but occasionally, I'll come up with something pretty good!
Instead of the ideas (or general thoughts) going to waste, I thought I would start a blog series called 5 Ideas Friday. You never know, one of the ideas might be useful to someone!
1. HMV should turn part of their stores into a cinema club where they play retro movies. They could also use this space for 'gamers night' and hold weekly gaming competitions. Tickets could be £5 each, low enough so it's accessible but still revenue generating for a brand that's struggling to innovate
2. Twitter could offer a consumer data research service to help monetize the platform. Like a real time Mintel
3. There should be a slack group of specialists in the healthcare space where GP's can log in and talk to them about difficult to diagnose patients. GP's could pay a subscription fee that would go to the specialist. To make it manageable, you could have certain patient criteria i.e years without a diagnosis and split the slack groups by regions of the country
4. Once a shop in the high-street has been empty for a year, the council should be able to 'lend' it to a start up or independent retail store for free. When the business starts to make a profit they then start paying rent. If the business doesn't show any signs of making a profit, another business gets a shot
5. Paleo meals on wheels - I appreciate it would be a small market but from a selfish point of view, I'd spend good money if someone delivered Paleo based meals to my office!
Hi, I'm Chantelle Jones